Our Scholarship Process
Our Camp Scholarship students are chosen exclusively by our own team of volunteer educators. Please know that we do not accept requests or recommendations from educators outside this team or from parents.
- Our team is currently made up of over 30 education professionals, from various school districts,
who work directly with us throughout the school year.
- Decisions are based on personal observation over time and on our carefully outlined criteria.
Scholarships are provided by camp owners and/or directors familiar with
Focus For a Future's mission.
- These generous camp owners donate scholarships based on the positive reputation
Focus For a Future has gained over the years.
Criteria for a student awarded a Camp Scholarship:
- Has excellent social skills.
- Makes an enthusiastic academic effort.
- Handles conflict and frustration with appropriate control.
- Is enthusiastic about the challenge of new experiences.
- Family earns less than $60,000 a year.